Friday, October 15, 2021

 

Core Business Agenda Day 1

15/10/2021
Day one DFI



  • What did I learn that increased my understanding of Manaiakalani kaupapa and pedagogy?


There are quite a few things to be used that will improve not only my confidence in using google but my confidence in teaching with google. I do feel it is a case of what you don't know... you don't know.!.. and until you come across an issue and can discuss with an expert you don't recognise the simple solution that may be at hand. This is allowing us the opportunity to come up against these small things we don't know.

  • What did I learn that could improve my confidence, capability or workflow as a professional?


Little things will make the difference. Most of it I already knew but there are all these tiny short cuts and 'tricks' that make life easier. I am looking forward to having a toolkit of resources to use.

  • What did I learn that could be used with my learners?

Using the talk to text will be very helpful. The more I learn as I go forward the more my students will benefit. Google doc is reasonably well known but it is always good to see things I can teach in class.

  • What did I learn that could improve my confidence, capability or workflow in my personal life?

Becoming more able in digital tech will enable me to plan quicker and therefore spend more of my free time away from school work. This will also allow for easy collaboration with others which is the way forward in many education settings.







3 comments:

  1. Kia ora De,
    Welcome to the wonderful world of 'I didn't know you could do that'! So much of what you will pick up over the next eight weeks will be lightbulb moments and if you can keep practicing little bits of things each week in your own planning / classroom practice it will start to become natural to you. Just don't be afraid to ask the 'basic' questions as there is sure to be someone else in your bubble who wants to know the answer too! Nā, M

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia ora De,
    You've touched on some of the really valuable parts of the Google tools in my mind. We know teachers are time poor so if we can help you with some of those time saving tips I'm sure it will make a difference. One of our facilitators used the voice typing tool for writing his reports when he was in the classroom! I think it's a genius idea and wish I'd know about it when I was in the classroom too!
    Looking forward to connecting tomorrow.
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kia ora De! It was great to meet you on Friday and to read through your reflections. I too have found myself implementing those little timesaving tricks and tips in my own mahi this week. I have also found the Teacher Inquire Twitter feed to be a treasure store of Manaiakalani teachers trying out various tools. Have you come across Word Wall? It was one that piqued my interest and I have given a go to support building students' background knowledge through key words. Look forward to seeing you tomorrow. Nga mihi, Naomi.

    ReplyDelete