Wednesday, October 20, 2021

Workflow Agenda Day 2

 


  • What did I learn that increased my understanding of Manaiakalani kaupapa and pedagogy?

  • What did I learn that could improve my confidence, capability or workflow as a professional?

  • What did I learn that could be used with my learners?  

  • What did I learn that could improve my confidence, capability or workflow in my personal life?

  • What does the Learn look like at YOUR school?


This week we started off looking at working smarter not harder. Removing emails, grouping emails, archiving emails. Using tools such as google keep tasks, toby etc.   Some of these tools I have used or are using...maybe not to their full potential.  So this allowed me the chance to observe what others are doing and how they can work well along side other parts of a computer extension of program.
The last part of the day was using and experimenting with google meet.  What a rabbit warren of paths I can find to go down and never come back!  Although I did finally manage to find my group and successfully record the above korero around a gorgeous year threes personal blog.
Old dog and new tricks aye!

Answering the questions above...
  • It is a worry at the beginning of this journey to take the leap of faith with this leap of digital fluency for our students.  Not only is it new learning for us as educators it needs to be good for the students so I find it reassuring to have the story behind to kaupapa available for us to hear about and support us.
  • Lots of the tools will support the organisation of my 'stuff' which will streamline my workflow (fingers crossed)
  • For my learners it is a filter down effect. they will know everything I learn and some of it they will take on board some not so much yet...but they will be exposed to it and possibly next year they will have their memory jogged.
  • Everything I learn is building my confidence.. I am lucky in the respect that I am happy to make a fool of myself in front of others so making mistakes is a full time occupation of mine.  Which I think gives me a really good feel of what my students go through so thats got to be good...   In my personal life??? not sure I certainly know I could not v=ever live without google calendar so maybe I will experiment with that some more.
  • The last question is similar to asking "how long is a piece of string?"  Learn looks different everywhere and so it should.  Each cohort id different  and each child is different and each day is different.  I need to know my kids and be flexible enough to meet their needs different and at the drop of a hat.  I do know my current class is very boy heavy and like to do very hands on activities.  We need to have short lessons that attack and then retreat and then do something physical.  Their LEARN is loud and messy and physical and passionate and creative and quick and competitive and exhausting but so so so much fun. 

















2 comments:

  1. Hi De,
    I am also excited about potentially streamlining my work flow with the tools....hopefully I can remember all the steps!
    You did a great job keeping up today after just letting us know about your lack of sleep! You deserve a restful afternoon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia ora De,
    Your classroom sounds like so much fun! You are right, as educators being agile and able to move from one thing to the next is so valuable and knowing the learners we have in front of us is so important! Being able to support them and make those connections with the things that matter to them.
    As Nicola said, you did such a great job keeping up with us last week. Well done!
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete